Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The kids of Mumosho

This photo was taken in April outside the back door of our Sewing Center.  My travel mates and I had just finished interviewing all of The Peace Exchange semastesses and stepped outside to get some fresh air.  The interviews are intense as we document the women's stories of trauma and life events.  Let's just say life knew what we needed... These kids came running up to us and stopped right in the middle of their soccer game to say hi.  They asked me to take their photos and then proceeded to run in the grass and do back flips.  No lie, the little boy with the red shirt can do one amazing back tuck and layout.  It was an afternoon I will never forget.  I often find that when you put yourself in the flow of the universe, it gives you what you need - when you need it... now that's something to ponder... 

No comments:

Post a Comment