Monday, May 4, 2015

Women of The Peace Exchange

It has been an incredible 2 weeks in Democratic Republic of Congo.  What has been the most impactful is seeing the transformation in the lives of our seamstresses within one year.  While our efforts were to open a second sewing center, which we did, we also wanted to spend quality time with our artisans and check in with them.  What I found was inspiring.  Not only are the women doing much better, they have found a sense of true community with one another - a sister-hood so to speak. Women who have very little and who have experienced much hardship are now working in a joyful environment.  I guess that's why I love fair trade so much.  It empowers at the root level.  It gives hope in the midst of despair.  I have seen with my own two eyes transformation in the lives of women and children.  Enjoy the video and may you too feel uplifted by the work being done in Congo.  I love these women!!!!  - Katie Bond, Founder of The Peace Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment